Raleigh Mustang Comp Electric Review
Cycling has become a growing trend amongst people today not only to get some exercise in but also to help cut down on carbon emissions for the sake of the planet. If you are looking to make the transition to bicycles yourself, then you must familiarize yourself with your options, which is why you should consider the Raleigh Mustang Comp Electric as a potential option before anything else.
A lot of people think a road bike having a motor is sacrilege, but a lot of experts are now beginning to realize that a bit of assistance now and then can do wonders for the whole biking experience. The Raleigh Mustang Comp is an electric bike that does just that. It is a sturdy frame that works well for off-roading, and the motor provides a much-needed break. However, if you are to consider the price tag on this particular model, it is safe to say it might not be the best option in the range, however, it still makes for a decent option.
The Shimano STEPS Assist System
If you are looking at the electric bikes, you want to make sure that they have a good motor and system going or else you will be wasting money if your bike’s motor is not powerful enough to support you. So, you want a bike whose motor is compatible with your cycling needs. The Raleigh Mustang Comp happens to have a shimano-steps e6000. This is not considered to be the best or the most powerful motor, but it does have its share of advantages. This setup can provide you the boost you need, and because it has no drag, you can ride without the motor slowing you down. The system has a 400wh battery, meaning you do not have to tire yourself out whilst riding on top of hills or navigating through rougher terrains because of the battery shimano-e6000.
SRAM Apex Gearing
If you are looking to shift gears, then you’re looking in the right place because the Shimano system also features an sram-apex gearing system. There is a single shift paddle and that paddle needs to be pushed whenever you want to switch to a higher gear. This is an efficient system since it allows you to switch gears with ease once you finally get used to it. This feature is especially advantageous if you plan to drive it snowy terrains.
If you are still looking for other benefits that come with the Raleigh Mustang, then you can go read through other notable benefits of the product including:
- Efficient hydraulic disc brakes that can respond fast and immediately, bringing your cycle to a halt.
- The motor shimano-steps have a powerful 50NM system, aiding to an efficient motor system.
- It has a carbon fork as opposed to steel or any other kind. This means that your bike will weigh less, and allow you to go to higher speeds with more ease.
- The xlc mustang also happens to have an xlc alloy steerer and an xlc ahead setup too.
- An Aluminium 6061 frame
- SRAM Apex 1 Gear shifter
- Handlebars that are made of alloy-440mm
- Shimano Steps E6000 motor
- A downtube Shimano E6000 400w battery
- 90mm XLC Ahead stem
- A maximum road speed that assists up to 15mph
- An a250 tubeless system
- Hydraulic disk brakes
The Raleigh Mustang does happen to come with its fair share of setbacks, and these include:
- The bottom bracket of the bike has gotten a fair share of complaints from users. It was found that the bottom bracket is lower for this bike compared to standard bikes. This is what ends up causing pedal strikes as you are turning corners. This can be a pain to deal with since it not only breaks the momentum, but it also ends up damaging your pedal overtime.
- It also happens to come at a relatively higher price point as well, and when you compare the price to the list of features offered with other bikes that fall in the same range, the cost does not seem worth it.
At the end of the day, the Raleigh Mustang can make for a great companion for your off-roading adventures, and the motor, of course, helps make the riding process a little easier, so if that is something you are looking for, then this bicycle might be the one for you. However, if you are a traditionalist, and are very specific about your bicycles, then you might just want to sit this one out because while this bike does offer some honest and good features, they might not be considered to be the best ones.