The 7 Best Dirt Bike Tire For Trail Riding in 2020
Let’s set one thing straight, trail riding with a dirt bike is not only fun but is also extremely challenging. To ensure that your bike performs at its best to meet the challenges of off-road riding, every individual component of your dirt bike needs to be perfect and there are not many components as important as the tires. This article is all about helping you pick the best tire for trail riding in 2020 so you can enjoy your riding experiences to the fullest and make the most out of them.
Top 7 Dirt Bike Tire For Trail Riding in 2020
- Progressive Cornering Block Technology (PCBT): This is a Dunlop-patented...
- Enhanced Carcass Tension Control System (CTCS): Tuned carcass flexibility from recesses...
- Developed during Grand National Cross Country series
- Race proven rubber compound delivers excellent traction in soft/intermediate condition
- Bridgestone X30 Intermediate Terrain Rear Tire
- The Artrax MX-Pro Tire is designed with racing in mind and will provide un-rivaled grip...
- M204 (rear) offers a race proven tread pattern designed with extra wide block spacing for...
- M204 (rear) has tall tread blocks with shoulder steps and increased base angle radius for...
- Tire Specifications:Load / speed index: 68M.Construction: Tube type.
- Casing incorporates high density materials that reduce weight up to 15% while retaining...
- Casing features Comfort Casing Technology (CCT), which provides exceptional shock...
Going out in the market to buy dirt bike tires for off-road riding can be quite overwhelming for most riders since there is a wide variety of options that are available to choose from. In this section, we’ll list and review the top choices that we have come across as far as dirt bike tires for off-road riding are concerned, and the buyer’s guide in the next section will allow you to pick the one that is the most suited to your biking style and needs. So without wasting any further time, let’s get started.
Buying a pair of quality tires for your dirt bike is not an easy task, which is why we have compiled this comprehensive buyer’s guide. A number of different factors and considerations come into play when looking for the perfect dirt bike tires for off-road riding and we will discuss all of them in detail to making the buying process as hassle-free as possible for you. Some expert tips for taking care of your bike tires are also included at the end so that they can last for a long time.
If you thought that any kind of tire can be used on your dirt bike for off-road riding, you're clearly wrong. There is an array of tire types, each of which is meant for different terrains and so choosing the one that is specifically meant for off-road riding will offer the best performance.
Off-road riding incorporates a number of different terrains, ranging from sandy desert plains to rocky mountainous surfaces and everything in between. Accordingly, dirt bike tires that are meant for off-road riding have a heavy-duty framework so that they can offer more durability. However, the tread design of the tire can vary with respect to the type of surface you are most likely to ride on. For instance, treads with wider and taller knobs are suited for soft and muddy terrains while short and closely spaced knobs are perfect for riding on hard and rocky trails as they improve traction. In the end, it all boils down to the type of surface you generally intend to ride on for picking the best tire type for your dirt bike.
Bike tires are manufactured with respect to a number of specifications so you need to ensure that you pick the ones that will fit your bike. A primary specification is the tire size which is indicated in a series of numbers on the sidewall. The first set of numbers on the start of the sequence inside the sidewall is the tire width in millimeters and the following number indicates its aspect ratio. The aspect ratio of a tire is its height expressed as the percent of its width so tires with higher aspect ratio are taller than those with a smaller aspect ratio. Buying a suitable sized tire is crucial for your bike’s performance as well as your safety so we recommend that you check the tire size on your old set of tires and buy new ones of the same size.
While the tire type and size hold great importance if you need to buy the best dirt bike tires for off-road riding, a number of other factors should also be considered to make the best choice. For instance, the brand you opt for says a lot about the tire in terms of the offered quality and performance. Likewise, the material used to make the tire is also important as it may vary with respect to the surface you intend to ride on. Softer compounds that offer greater grip are suited for hard and rough terrains but we recommend that you opt for an intermediate material so that you can switch between a series of different terrains for riding with ease.
Another important factor that you should not overlook is the load index, which is the upper limit of the weight a tire can support when under maximum pressure. Similarly, you also need to take into account the tire pressure and the dirt factor. Also, make sure to check the DOT stamp on the sidewall of the stamp as it indicates whether the tire is suited for outdoor use.
Tips to Maintain Your Dirt Bike Tires
After buying the perfect dirt bike tires for off-road riding, you need to take care of them to ensure that they don't get worn out before time or lead to an avoidable accident. In this regard, here are a few expert tips that you should follow and we assure you that you won't have any trouble with your new purchase.
- Check your tires before and after every biking session. Make sure to look out for any cuts, sign of stress or any material stuck in the tires themselves.
- Set the air pressure in the tire according to the terrain you want to ride on. It is recommended to have a high tire pressure for soft surfaces and low tire pressure for hard terrain.
- Adjust and tighten any loose spokes, valves, rims or buckles before every ride so that they don’t become dangerous while you’re riding.
With these tips, your tires will not only last long but your riding experience will be a lot safer and smoother. We hope that our associated buyer’s guide will come to your rescue while you’re on the lookout for new bike tires. Make sure to check out our top picks of tires for off-road riding as well if you want to have an incredible riding experience.